Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Emma

I've decided to start a book club. Just me. I'll be reading all of jane austen's novels and a couple of other ones.
first up:
Emma by Jane Austen
(sidenote: I really hate Gwenyth Paltrows hair and Jeremy Northoms hair in this version. Also for some reason she seems too old to play Emma. Also they ditched a lot of good stuff from the novel but it makes sense as it was made for the big screen not mini-series.)

You should check out the recent Emma with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller.
(sidenote: fake crying....bad...Also Jane Fairfax bugs me. Also the ending...would have been beautiful if they didn't cut 20 pages in between the I love you and the going on their honeymoon. Did pretty good of showing everything that happened in the book. I like this version a bit better than the Gwen one)



No comments: